Goodbye Moonwalker

It’s so sad, and so unfair… just days before his last tour This Is It. He was probably the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen; a legendary singer, song writer, musician, dancer and choreographer. Every kid in the 1980’s (myself included) wanted to be Michael Jackson, and was secretly practicing his unique dance moves in front of a mirror (just like Michael). Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, Smooth Criminal, and Dirty Diana were my favorites. More people have seen Jackson moonwalk than Armstrong walk on the moon. I did too. I was extremely lucky to see him perform live in Tel-Aviv in 1993, when he came to Israel for 2 concerts during his Dangerous world tour. I was 18 years old on a vacation from the army, and can clearly remember 100,000 people screaming while Michael Jackson moonwalking and robodancing, zombies and skeletons jumping on stage during Thriller, and that awesome 45 degrees Smooth Criminal anti-gravity leaning. The show was packed with pyrotechnics, lights, explosions and fireworks, beyond anything I’ve ever seen, while this legendary man showed us why he's called The King of Pop. I stood about 50 feet from the stage, and it was definitely the most impressive show I’ve ever seen. I kept the ticket in my drawer for the last 16 years. I’ll keep the memory for the rest of my life.

Thank you for all those decades; your music; your moves; the jacket; the hat; the glove; the magic.
You can rest in peace now Michael, the world can't hurt you no more.
We love you. Goodbye Moonwalker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep writing your blog. It is very interesting & the images are spectacular!!

TatianaV said...

you were lucky to have seen a performance of his live Uri, and indeed, RIP Michael, and you'll be missed...

Sherril said...

He might have been and done all those things, but he was also a very troubled person who had a secret area built into his home filled with toys that was probably used for purposes that are immoral by any decent person's definition. I worked with abused and neglected children for years and if you know what to look for you can see the signs a mile off.

I'm tired of everyone acting like it never happened just because he had enough money to buy his way out of it, and because he died too young.

Thanks for letting me vent!