Wake Up, Neo! - Hallucination of a Sick Software Engineer

A sick software engineer is a strange mammal. His mind is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. I’m sick. I got high fever, 38.9°C (102.02°F), so I didn’t go to work today (sorry Yossi, it seems like the dynamic scheduler will need a miracle in order to be ready on the feature-freeze date). As expected from a married man over 30, I’ve spent the whole day in bed, mainly moaning and feeling sorry for myself, but also sleeping and reading a great ASP.NET book (sorry Boogie, I will return it soon, I promise). Somewhere around noon, while still half asleep and trying to wake up, I started hallucinating from the high temperature. I imagined the implementation of my wake up method as a C# recursive function. Suddenly I got real scared! Someone commented-out the condition to end the recursive function calls, so I will never be able to wake up! Finally, after a few intense moments with a heart rate reaching 120 beats per minute, I managed to wake up. Thank God for stack overflows!

~~~
p.s. Need a specific .NET list of Employees and not a generic list of Objects? Use a generic List<Employee>.

4 comments:

nir shilon said...

get well soon dude

Uri Kalish said...

Thank you "Jersey". I hope to be back soon.

Avi said...

awesome imagination!

Uri Kalish said...

:) Thanks!